Old April 28th 21, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Hawk Wind

On 4/27/2021 1:08 PM, krasw wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 20:27:19 UTC+3, wrote:
Has anyone any experience yet with the new Lxnav Hawk Wind program? Sounds superficially to me like it might be an alternative to the Butterfly wind solution which is no longer readily available. And this program seems to avoid some of the Butterfly installation challenges?

Installation challenge = can not bother to read installation manual.

It is a funny remark, but doesn't apply in this case.

Have you read the Butterfly installation manual? I have read it, I have
installed a Butterfly vario, and it was a challenge, even though I worked as an
electrical engineer for decades. It's not like the olden days, when a vario had
two wires for the battery, and one pressure port for the TE tubing.

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"