Old April 29th 21, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Hawk Wind

On Wednesday, 28 April 2021 at 18:54:08 UTC+3, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Have you read the Butterfly installation manual? I have read it, I have
installed a Butterfly vario, and it was a challenge, even though I worked as an
electrical engineer for decades. It's not like the olden days, when a vario had
two wires for the battery, and one pressure port for the TE tubing.

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"

Yes I have, and I have installed that variometer to two different gliders. Both cases required fabrication of shelf for ISU to install it far away from magnetic disturbances, as warned in the manual. It worked and works beautifully in both cases.

I have heard few anecdotes of pilots complaining that vario not working. In one case I checked the installation (it was during WGC). The ISU was just thrown behind the panel with absolutely no flying f*cks given to proper installation. That pilot went on to bash it for three weeks.

Hope the LX installs itself.