Old April 29th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Things I Would Like To See

I would like to see ATC require at least one controller in 5000 to have
a pilots license and a minimal amount of aviating ability or knowledge.

In my experience flying primarily in the U.S. Midwest, most controllers are
knowledgeable and seem to have a good sense of what we, as pilots, need.

Also, just as an aside, Lockheed-Martin was preferentially hiring pilots for
flight service when they first took over the system. Don't know if they've
stuck to that plan, though...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA