Old April 29th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default Things I Would Like To See

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Panglos" wrote in message
I would like to see ATC require at least one controller in 5000 to have
a pilots license and a minimal amount of aviating ability or knowledge.

There are already more than three licensed pilots working as FAA air
traffic controllers.

Last time I toured my local small TRACON, there were more than that _on
duty_ at the time of my tour. Quite a few had every rating to CFII.

No surprise there. Within the US general population about one person in
every 500 holds a pilots license of some kind. Since many controllers
pursued the job because of an interest in aviation one should expect to find
a greater ratio.