Old September 27th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Jehovah's Witnesses

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2008-09-26 15:56:52 -0700, "

On Sep 26, 10:40*am, C J Campbell
On 2008-09-26 04:37:16 -0700, "

On Sep 26, 12:38*am, C J Campbell
On 2008-09-23 14:41:48 -0700, Gig 601Xl Builder
said:

I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.

If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in
heaven, wh

are they still recruiting?

As I understand it, they no longer have that doctrine.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Funny how the change rules to fit their mission....Like god really
came down an issued new rules . G

Well, why not, if it comes to that? Is that not a fundamental belief
of Christianity in general -- that God came down and issued new
rules?

I don't have time for bashing others' religious beliefs. If the
Jehovah's Witnesses feel compelled to send people around that is
fine by me. I don't have to listen to them, but I don't have to
abuse them, either.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor- Hide quoted text -

JW's enjoy freedom of speech that the United States allows for all
residents, alot of people died to maintain that freedom. They will
not honor the US flag.

They enjoy freedom of religion that the United States allows for all
residents, they will NOT say the pledge or remove their hats, or for
that matter sing the national anthem..

Looks like a free ride to me

Well, maybe it is a free ride. Maybe it is a free ride for Quakers and
other peace groups as well. Still, they do have to pay taxes and those
taxes go to support our military, whether they like it or not.

I served my country in the Air Force. I have done as much as I thought
I could do to preserve freedom in this country. And I was glad to do
it. I do not begrudge the JWs or anybody else the freedoms that I
worked for. I only wish those freedoms were universal throughout the
world.

I strongly disagree with the JWs on many issues, especially on duty to
country. Nevertheless, as long as they are not actively fighting
against us or committing some act of treason, I am willing to let them
do as they wish.

You're a true christian.

Bertie