Old January 20th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R.[_2_]

Default Gyro PRECESSION

wrote in message
I've been reading up on gyro precession as it refers to gyroplanes. It
seems that is not how a rotor disc works on a gyroplane. The info I've
found so far states that: a two blade rotor system doesn't tilt by
precession, but that it's entirely aerodynamic and uses vane (pitch?).
How does gyro precession effect rotor blades on a helicopter? (I could
do some research on the www, but I would like to hear someone's
opinion here first)

Where did you get that from? I'm not sure I agree with it. The
experimental gyros I've looked at may not have a swash plate like a
helicopter does but rather, tilts the rotor hub relative to the plane of the
rotor disk. The net effect of that is to apply a cyclic pitch action to the
main blades and they react 90 degrees in the direction of rotation per
gyroscopic precession.

What info source are you looking at?

Steve R.