Old June 10th 04, 12:34 PM
George Z. Bush

WalterM140 wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

I believe I've seen a copy on one posted on the Internet some time
ago. The real question is how much influence was exerted by his father
the Congressman to get it issued.

Well, since his father wasn't a Congressman at the time, the answer has to
be, "None".

Even if he wasn't, that doesn't mean that he threw away the phone numbers of all
those people he had influence with when he was in office. That kind of people
would still be susceptible to a bit of informal or indirect pressure.....after
all, none of them could be sure that an out-of-office congressman might not run
for Senator or President some day, and it's always good to have some markers out
for past favors given, isn't it.

Although he was no longer a congressman in 1973, would you care to guess what
position of political influence he occupied at that time? Would you believe
"Chairman of the Republican National Committee"? Do you still think nobody
would listen when he called?

You may think the answer is "none" but politcally less-naive folks would
probably welcome the opportunity to argue the point with you. Alas, the world
of politics is not filled with Boy Scouts.

George Z.