Old December 11th 03, 07:55 AM
Paul Lee

Default Canard planes swept wing outer VG's?

I have the copy of the CAFE test of Cozy Mk IV canard where it states
that swept wings tend to start stalling at the tip rather than the root.
This moves the center of lift forward and is a bigger problem for aft
CG.

While canard planes swept wings typically already have those
"vortilon" tabs, has anyone investigated placing a few vortilons near
outer wing part to compensate for the early tip stall tendency?

I am talking about the main swept wing of a typical canard and not the front
canard wing itself.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard project: www.abri.com/sq2000