Old September 7th 04, 05:11 PM
helicopterandy

"Ove" wrote in message ...
Maybe a hydraulic failure (lost the pressure) ?

Ove
"Iwan Bogels" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

This week I have uploaded a video of a helicopter crash on my website
(www.dappa.nl/crash.htm). Does anyone have a clue about the failure that
caused this crash? It is definately not an engine failure or a tail rotor
failure, but it still looks like a spectacular decend.

For the sensitive viewers: Nobody got hurt, but the helo is a complete

write
off.

Iwan Bogels
DAPPA

Sorry for the multiple posts here. But on my first reply I meant to
say after he began the auto he had to pull collective when he neared
the buildings rooftops and he obviously didn't have any tail rotor
thrust to manage that collective pull. Notice how the heli yaws when
he arrests his descent. Read the initial NTSB reports.