Old May 30th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Eigler

Default WAAS upgrade for your G1000?

"Dan Luke" writes:

This will be interesting for CAP. We have lots and lots of 2006 G1000
182's and 206's.

Could be really bad. Owners 0f 2004-2006 Cessnas could find the IFR utility
of their airplanes diminishing yearly as the FAA commissions more LNAV-VNAV
WAAS approaches.

What the?! Did any fool ever any proclaim a guarantee of
"non-diminishing IFR utility"? Even if they did, how exactly do you
figure that the mere existence of LNAV-VNAV approaches somehow
dimishes the utility of those machines that cannot use them?! If
anything, they can be a plus -- there any LNAV-VNAV family approaches
that do not also have plain LNAV?

Can you say "class action suit?" [...]

Yes, and I can also say "bozo the clown".

- FChE