Old February 13th 18, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kiwi User

Default New Glider Dream Elon Musk Flow

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:52:28 -0800, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Interesting, as in sailing we have kevlar sails, but spectra lines.

Yes, and that 'Spectra' is a high density polyethylene, not aramid. I
used to use it as towline for F1A free flight competition models.

About 3-4 years ago my gliding club started to use it on our winches. Its
much better than steel cable: less stretch/energy storage and light
enough that two people can easily pull the end back to the launch point
if a launch was abandoned during the ground run.