Old April 22nd 20, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Canopy tinting

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 3:23:20 AM UTC-7, wrote:
You miss my point gbfwi. I said nothing about the UV protection characteristics of canopy materials. I was stating that the reason tinted canopies are sold on gliders is not to do with additional UV filtering. For that I always wear full length UV protecting clothing, hat and sun shade gloves + factor 50 when gliding.

That will help you on the ground when you are not in your glider (which IS a very good idea), but is totally unnecessary while flying.

Tom