Old July 17th 03, 12:50 PM
Jack

You are correct. ROP (Radio Operators Permit/Radio Telephone Permit) is
not required for Domestic communications. It is required for international
however. It is an FCC license, not an FAA license. I know all of this
cause I have one.

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
When I first learned the memory aid for required documents, it was

"ARROW".

When I inquired why sometimes I saw "AROW", I remember being told that the
second "R" was dropped because while flying within the USA you don't need
the "Radio License".

I glanced through the FAR/AIM and couldn't quickly put my finger on this,

so
I'm putting it out he what's the deal on this? I have seen what may be
conflicting indications about this -- for instance, in the thread about

ramp
checks, etc.

When do you need the "Radio License" document, and who cares about it

(e.g.,
is the FAA or the FCC)?