Old September 28th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Default How to back out FPL changes on GNX-480?

Roy Smith wrote:
In article ,
Ron Natalie wrote:

Roy Smith wrote:

Hit -D-, scroll up or down to the holding fix, then select Hold from the
menu (might have to hit More once or twice to get to the right page).

That does the same thing really as just sequencing back to the holding
fix on the expanded approach. It assumes you are want to go to
immediately to the holding fix and perform the pattern entry.

OK, I'm confused. Isn't that what you wanted to do?

No, I've never left the hold. I'm in the middle of
turning to the outbound course and the thing thinks
I'm off course heading for the runway. If turn it
back to the hold point it wants me to turn inbound
to the fix again immediately, rather than continue
the outbound leg.

Like I said, it's no big thing. I've obviously
am not using the GPS for guidance if I've managed to
turn outbound and it eventually catches on when
I exit the hold for real, but it would seem like
with all the bells and whistles in this box there
would be a way to resume the holding sequence directly.