Old February 7th 05, 06:38 PM
goneill

Not seeing the end of the trailer is not limited to the US
My trailer was recently rear ended and to fix is going to cost
$2000 ,the guy was clearly in the wrong was ticketed and
said he had insurance and when contacted later gave me the
blow off. Lucky the ASW20 was at the airfield not in the trailer.
gary
"Raphael Warshaw" wrote in message
You might consider "DOT Tape", the reflective tape on the side of all US
semi-trailers. It's cheaper than new lights and really increases
visibility. You can use the clamshell seam as an installation guide.

It's worth noting, however, that, in spite of the new LED lights, shiny
rear doors, and DOT tape, the most common accident between a big rig and a
passenger vehicle still involves the car hitting the truck from behind.
I'd be interested in knowing how many glider trailers have been rear-ended
in the last ten years. Please post to me directly if you've had such an
accident. Perhaps our insurers have some data.

BTW, I've always assumed we were covered for this by the glider policy if
a driver who hit us was uninsured. Is this so? If not, is it an
available add-on?

Ray Warshaw
1LK

"Udo Rumpf" wrote in message
.. .
My light upgrade
project was spawned by this overwhelming fear that some unwed welfare
mother with no insurance would torpedo my trailer from behind (g).

all the best,

bumper

Good project.
Not fear but concern a wedded father, that is talking on a cell phone,
slams
into the trailer. Mostly for the inconvenience it entails, as I am
covered by my insurance.
Trailer, glider and all. I am sure I have nothing to fear from a single
parent.
Udo