Old May 9th 05, 04:44 AM
W P Dixon

yep, other than the first flight all the take off and landings were done on
grass. Actually the airport in Sumter was set up very nice for taildraggers,
even the main paved runway which was huge had a grass strip beside it.
Winds were awful, but I had a great time! I'm araid I won't get to fly
at night with the sport pilot thing, but hey while training I guess it may
actually be possible. Since I can train in single engine planes that do not
meet the category, maybe a night time trip is feasable?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech
"Maule Driver" wrote in message
om...
There is no justifiable reason to equip any aircraft with a tailwheel -
and no practical reason for owning one.

Sure is fun though!

Did you do it in the grass? Tail is easier in the grass.

Try some grass at night.

W P Dixon wrote:
Hi Gang,
Got back from Sumter ,SC about an hour ago. A nice long 5 and a half
hour down Friday night.