Old February 5th 04, 10:19 PM
Wdtabor

It's a "must read" because why? I read it, and found nothing terribly new
or insightful or relevant to now, more than thirty years after Buckley made
the speech. Frankly, Buckley's jingoism seems pretty misguided in hindsight
and irrelevant to pilot discussions in any case.

I'll grant you, it's nice to have a reminder about how Kerry stood up for
what he felt was right, reporting his own personal experiences as a Vietnam
veteran, in a political environment he knew would not have easily accepted
the truth.

But none of that has to do with piloting. I see absolutely no reason this
is in any way on-topic in this newsgroup.

I see no reason why, after the thread of a hundred or so posts deifying Kerry,
you find it offensive that one post points to his feet of clay.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL