Old September 18th 03, 11:59 PM
Kevin Brooks

Greg Hennessy wrote in message . ..
On 18 Sep 2003 08:48:53 -0700, (Tony
Williams) wrote:

You surprise me. Somewhere I have an article providing detailed
comparisons between the C-130J, A400M and C-17, and IIRC the A400 is
about midway between the other two in both the dimensions and weights
of the loads which could be carried; in other words, substantially
better than the C130.

The AN-70 is substantially better than the A400 and a lot cheaper.

Yeah, it's so good the Russians are even backing out of that program
as fast as they can (if you had not heard, the Russian AF chief plans
to dump the AN-70). ISTR that it might be a decent aircraft if it had
reliable engines.

Brooks

greg