Old May 20th 11, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider12321

Default Glider Recommendations

On May 20, 7:00*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
The hand controls I have seen have been on ships that drive the rudder
with a push rod, like the G-103. The hand control is mounted on the
left side and is connected to the rudder push-rod, behind the rear
seat. How does one hook a hand control to a ship that uses cables to
drive its rudder? *Most rudder pedals only move the rudder on one side
and use a spring to keep tension when the other pedal is moved.
JJ

I have also seen a G102 set up with hand controls. The spoiler handle
was un sprung and had a detent so it could be set for landing and
rudder controlled with the left hand.