Old May 22nd 11, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default May 21st

On 5/21/2011 6:54 AM, Tony V wrote:
On 5/21/2011 2:27 AM, Reed von Gal wrote:
Perfect day for soaring. Earthquakes, lava, etc, with a temp of 666
degrees Fahrenheit. Great day to attempt a Silver Distance! Anyone
want to do a density altitude calculation for me? KBDU field elevation
5288. Assume standard pressure. I'm worried I wont be able to take off!

Good point. And, due to the heat, I would suggest a metal ship over
other materials.

Time to get all those Blanik L13's back in the air!

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what
you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz