Old May 24th 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider12321

Default Glider Recommendations

On May 23, 5:02*pm, Tony V wrote:
On 5/23/2011 1:19 AM, Justrolln wrote:

Thanks for the posts-

I'd rather not buy a grob - as that is ship I'm training in... and I
think I can do a bit better than the grobs performance - especially if
I get a single place glider. *(if i need a 2 place, I can rent one
from my field.)

Errrr.... there are single seat Grobs with better performance.

Tony

I rented the Genesis at two glider ports. First at Mile High Gliding
in Boulder a couple of times 4 or 5 years ago. I don't think they
have it any more. The second was on a cople of trips to Phoenix to
warm up in the winter. I went to Estrella Glider port and rented their
Genesis on two occasions. I'm sure they still have that one.
I only have about 10 or 12 hours in them so I don't know about
aerobatics but they do have powerful spoilers and don't like to spin
(doesn't even drop a wing on a stall er.. mush) so just pull the
boards to descend