Old May 24th 11, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Derwin

Default Glider Recommendations

Hi Greg,

A friend of mine sent me your post on US RAS and I thought I would
respond. I live in England and I am a T4 complete lesion para and I fly an
LS7. I trained on a K21 and when I wanted to progress to a single seater I
looked for something that was going to be racy but straight forward to
convert. Another friend of mine who is an engineer designed the hand
controls and we got them approved through the technical committee of the
BGA before we got swallowed up by the bureaucrats at EASA. Now the
Britain's Civil Aviation Authority has been subsumed by European bull****
it's more difficult and lots more costly to breath let alone convert
gliders. In America I believe you have more scope under the Experimental
Aircraft Association so that might be the way to go.

Anyway if you are interested in more info, pictures or design drawings for
the LS7 get in touch.

Incidentally, do you know of Freedom Wings? I flew at Zephyr Hills in
their Twin Acro=A0Grob 109 a few weeks ago when I was over in Florida on
vacation. They are worth contacting if you haven't already.

Good luck with your project.

Steve Derwin