Old May 27th 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default currency for contests

I'm guessing that the prudent thing to do is to stay high and plan on
trying to finish instead of trying to be competitive, but I don't fly
contests. That's the way it worked for sailboat racing for beginners.

At 20:40 27 May 2011, Brad wrote:
On May 27, 1:27=A0pm, ContestID67 wrote:
On May 27, 2:26=A0pm, Brad wrote:

I haven't flown in any contests yet, but I'm
wondering................to be safe and competent, how many hours or
flights would be prudent to have under my belt before I went out and
flew my first contest of the season?

Thanks,
Brad

The general rule of thumb is having your Silver Badge.

ok, silver badge................hypothetical: I got my silver badge 3
years ago, going to fly a contest in a few weeks, but havn't flown
more than 5 hours so far this year. Am I "safe"?

Brad