Old May 28th 11, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Default currency for contests

I can't help but think you are setting yourself up for a big
frustrating week and if you are asking us for our opionion if you are
safe, I must refer to page 463 of my Psychiatry for Sailplane Racers
manual which reads , " if you are looking for an excuse not to race,
or do not feel you are ready to race, then ask all a question in which
the answer is already known...".
I used the excuse that the weather was going to suck (they flew 6 out
of 6 days) and didn't go when the truth was my head wasn't in the
right place (now there's an opening for a UH shot if ever).
Racing is addictive and nothing in this world that can be compared to
it. It is the only place where one can experience WHAT the great lift-
engine has to offer and what amazing talent can be observed finessing
it to the maximum. But, you have to be out on course.
Your first race is the most important. You must be totally prepared.
Having your flying skills sharp is one of several areas that must be
ready. Lives depend on it.
Maybe you are ready, got the jitters about your first race. Taking
that first step. **** on that, get out on course and join the magic.
Just don't follow TA, he's in a slump.