View Single Post
Old December 1st 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

Default Free Checkride / Free Room at Marfa, southwest Texas

On Friday, November 30, 2012 5:45:32 PM UTC-7, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
From now to March 31, 2013, I'm offering free checkrides for FAA Glider (Private / Commercial applicants, add-on or initial) and CFI-Glider add-on's, renewals and reinstatements.

It occurs to me that many student pilots and transition pilots need to simply FINISH what they started, so here is the offer: FREE checkride means FREE tows and ASK-21 glider rental for the checkride flights. NO examiner fee. This offer does NOT involve any shortcuts. Your checkride (Practical Test) will be comprehensive and by the book -- the FAA Practical Test Standards for the rating sought. You can take additional training with us at Marfa or arrive with the FAR part 61 requirements met and your endorsements -- or we can help you finish here.

Applicants for the checkride can stay for FREE in my two bedroom guest house with kitchen and dining/study area, next to my home, just 3 miles from Marfa Airport (KMRF.) Total savings for the checkride and room could be about $1,000.

I'm hoping that my offer may help grow soaring and motivate you to finish that glider rating or renew your CFIG. Offer begins December 1 and expires March 31, 2013. First come-first served. Marfa is located southeast of El Paso on a grassy plateau (5,000' above sea level) near the scenic Davis Excellent!

The rubber meets the road in Marfa.

Mountains and Big Bend National Park. Airlines serve El Paso (ELP) and Midland (MAF) airpor

Send me your contact information and I'll respond PRIVATELY with more details and answers to your questions. "Someday" is NOW.

Burt Compton

Marfa Gliders Soaring Center, Texas