Old July 21st 04, 04:40 PM
Jim Weir

Yeah. It's called a decent antenna. Did you realize but for horizon effect and
lousy antennas that a 1 watt transmitter on one end and a 1 microvolt receiver
on the other end has a range of over a thousand miles?

Jim

john smith

-Jim Weir wrote:
- Jay, I gotta question. When we land at Iowa City, how can we call unicom
ten
- miles out? We've already landed. Or do you have 53,000 foot long runways?
- Now, you are going to get a couple of packages in the next few days. They
will
- extend the range of your base station handsets out to a hundred miles or so.
- Please listen for us on 122.75 before we get CLOSE to IOW.

-
-UhOh! It sounds like Jay may have a amplifier to hook up with the antenna!

http://www.rst-engr.com