Old September 26th 05, 01:23 PM
Jim Burns

Crappy weather put the potato harvest on hold until it dries out, so I was
able to escape to the airport. With 400 ft ceilings I couldn't fly, but I
did pull her out and warm her up enough to change the oil. So I got a small
airplane fix to hold me over!

John Smith had a great idea about the GPS classes also. We did one at STE
for the Garmin 430. Lots of pilots don't use 1/2 the features and aren't
really up to speed on the 1/2 that they do use, especially renters.

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Thanks, Jim. I've printed this one out for Mary and me to peruse.

There's
some excellent stuff in here!

BTW -- Your potato harvest didn't cause you to miss much flying this
weekend. Crappy weather!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA