Old September 14th 04, 01:04 AM
Leslie Swartz

Not during a mandated drawdown they won't.

Robey, why are you persisting in this?

This is the wrong newsgroup to be playing fast and loose with stuff most of
us understand first hand.

Please, enlighten us all on how the ANG fills unfunded positions flying
fighter jets . . .

Steve Swartz

"Robey Price" wrote in message
After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Ian
MacLure confessed the following:

GWB's interest or lack thereof is kind of irrelevant in this
context because the requirements of the serivce had changed
radically between 1968 and 1972, So, even if he wanted to do nothing
else with his life but fly fighters its questionable whether
there would have been room for him. Reducing the pilot cadre
by half means a lot of folks get benched including as has been
pointed out nearly fully trained carrier pilots by the hundreds.

Not true, I've "rushed" ANG units and I've been in an ANG unit. They
spend the money (charged to their accounts) to send somebody thru UPT
and RTU, they'll keep you if you say...damn straight I want to fly
XXX.

Robey