Old July 29th 03, 10:40 PM
McGregor

We have a 7000 color and the contrast is outstanding, even in sunlight.
Colors are somewhat programmable (airspace in red, etc.) and you get the
plane either centered (plan/departure mode) or at the bottom of the screen
(arrival/enroute).

Far and away the best feature, IMO, is the yoke button for selecting
navaids/waypoints. You can get instant radial/distance to any VOR or
distance from airport on approach. I wish the Avidyne had something similar.

"Francois Marquis" wrote in message
Hello,

Has anyone have first hand experience with both the Argus 5000 and Argus
5000ce. I know a lot of users have transitioned to the CE, but
functionality-wise they are about the same. (minus the color, of course)

My biggest issue is that I sometime deplore the contrast of my 5000
unit, specially whenever bright lighting is present (such as flying near
the top of a layer).

In a nutshell, contrast is the main issue i'd like to resolve.

Also, as a secondary topic, are colors programmable, I use the map, the
RMI and the stormscope simultaneously (or alternatively depending of the
situation. I don't use the fliteplan feature, since I already have a
aprch cert A1 GPS and GPSS on the Autopilot.

As a third issue, is the screen centering adjustable vertically on the
CE? The 5000 has user setups for horizontal centering and I had to
send mine to the factory to calibrate it properly, vertically.

Thanks in advance

Francois Marquis
Lancair C-GLUE