Old January 14th 05, 10:56 PM
Juan Jimenez

I understand what you are saying. The way I see it, the proof that there is
sufficient volume is that the engine is turning up to the desired RPM needed
before putting fuel into the mixture.

I think, from testing I did today, that I have a stuck fuel control spill
valve. I hope it's not that, but I think that's what it is.

"Sean Trost" wrote in message
news
Juan
I believe that N1 is related to the velocity of the airstream introduced.
Which is good. But not related to the ignition problem
Now You have said that you have an excellent spark and good fuel. the
only other thing you need for start is the right airflow. or volumn. Dont
know about your engine specifically but most everything else runs right
around 14 to 1 on the ratio wise.

I can get a HIGH volume low pressure spray gun to flow 10 psi but it still
wont spray anything unless i get the volmume behind it to work properly.
Not that this has anything to do with jet engines or cumbustion but to
illustrate that velocity and volumn are not interchangable.

Sean

Juan Jimenez wrote:
Yes, the volume is more than enough, as evidenced by N1 reaching close to
15%.

Juan

"Sean Trost" wrote in message
. ..

Juan,
Cooling would take one leg of the combustion triangle out of the picture.
I dare say it would take a large amount of cooling to do so.

I suspect that a more plausable reason would be the fuel air ratio being
outside the LEL.

The manual calles for 145 psi and 1.21 lbs volumn. are you getting the
volumn with the setup you are using ?

all the best.
Sean