Old August 15th 15, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

In a word (or two) - "smart phones". How often do you see young people
that don't have their heads down and both thumbs working at near-light
speed?

On 8/15/2015 9:18 AM, jfitch wrote:
snip
I will point out that European numbers have been in decline for a similar period, at a similar rate to the US, just starting from a higher plateau. GA numbers also seem to be in decline. For whatever reason, I just don't think aviation is the same magnetic for young imaginations that it once was.

--
Dan Marotta