Old December 10th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.autos.driving,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.physics.electromag
Mark.[_2_]

Default There is no spin in electric power meters

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 03:47:13 -0800 (PST), Khrapko wrote:

Bergervoet Jos on 30 Nov asked: "Do you still believe that the torque
on an absorbing plane is wrong by a factor of 2? I'm asking because
some electric power meters use an aluminum disc that rotates due to
the torque of crossed fields proportional to voltage and consumed
current. Do you think we are actually paying twice the correct amount
of money?!"

Dear Jos, the aluminium disc rotates because of the Lorentz force. It
is an orbital angular momentum. Spin tensor is zero inside an electric
power meter.
--Khrapko

Not if the plane is electric. Trust me.
I own the patents on a new, lightweight litium
battery that will power a plane around the globe.

Proof...

https://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/browse_frm/thread/9df8d7719a2f053e/9bf0dc4f3ccdea98?hl=en&tvc=1#9bf0dc4f3ccdea98

Mark IV Inventor