Old January 7th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Absolute lowest altitude you can fly (legally)

Rip writes:

MSFS is basically video eye candy, with little basis in reality, other
than its representation of pretty pictures.

Either you have no experience with MSFS, or you are deliberately and
rather egregiously exaggerating for reasons I do not know. In either
case, your post is highly misleading.

If you insist on simming without trying reality, you might at least
consider a simulator that makes at least SOME attempt at real world
physics, like X-Plane.

X-Plane is less comprehensive than MSFS and has fewer aftermarket
options, although I've considered it, if I can find an English
version.

Should you ever make it back to the states, please do e-mail me. I'd be
more than happy to let you try everything you think you know in my own
aircraft.

What type of aircraft do you have? Ideally, if I were to try flying a
real aircraft, I'd prefer one that I've flown in simulation, which
would especially mean a Baron 58 or a 737-800. I'd prefer a
full-motion simulator, though.