Old January 7th 04, 02:48 PM
Harry Gordon

Default Icom A5 Battery Tester ??

As an update, you may recall I had to send my A5 back to Icom for repair
(the battery would not recharge). They have since returned it to me and said
the only thing wrong was the battery was bad and they gave me a new one. The
new battery was charged when it came back. I have since discharged the
battery and recharged it, and it seems to be working fine.

I want to get a battery tester to make sure that I don't overcharge the new
battery as well as making sure the battery is fully charged before I go
flying. The battery type is a 9.6V 760mAh Ni-MH battery pack. I am having a
hard time finding a tester. For those of you with this type of battery, what
type of tester do you have and where did you get it? Any help would be
appreciated. Incidentally, I know zip about electronics so making one is out
of the question :-).

Thanks.

Harry
PP-ASEL