Old February 5th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Default Is there a problem with rah?

Richard Riley wrote:
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:13:42 -0600, Dan wrote:

Roger wrote:
snip
It must be psychological. Last night when the outside temp was showing
-6 I bumped the shop up to 72 from 70 and still felt cold. The
temperature in the shop is very consistent throughout the whole
building.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Dern sissy, when I was young I had to trudge through blizzards to
get to my hangar. It was up hill...... both ways...

Now let me tell you about having to kill a cave bear to get sinew to
sew fabric for my first airplane.......

Sinew!? This generation, I tell you, they don't appreciate what they
have!

In my day we had to beat papyrus bark to make the fiber to spin into
thread! But tell the kids these days....

We had no papyrus in the glaciers. We had to shave live woolly
mammoths to get fibers to weave for our fabric.

On the bright side our wives didn't complain about our building
airplanes, I was the first in my glacier to build one, since there was
no such thing as divorce. We would simply trade 'em off to another clan.

Life was rough back then, I tell ya.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired