Old March 11th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default FAA out of control

TheTruth wrote:
terry wrote:
On Mar 12, 7:08 am, TheTruth wrote:
According to press reports to date, no less than 6, perhaps
more, commercial jet aircraft potentially carrying hundreds
of passengers per trip and sometimes on multiple trips per
day - had cracks in them. Had cracks in them. And people at
the FAA, and Southwest, knew it. And the planes had cracks
in them. And the flights continued thereafter, nonetheless.

http://southwestairlinesalmostkilledyou.blogspot.com/

I bet every plane you have ever flown in would have had cracks in it.
it doesnt necessarily mean it is not safe.
I fly a 30 year old Cessna, it has cracks in the wing strut covering,
the wheel fairings, the engine cowling. There are cracks in the
upholstery too.
Terry

Cracks like this??

http://themainbang.typepad.com/blog/...3/sorry--.html

Do you carry hundreds of people near supersonic speed at
FL35 several times a day?

I doubt it.

Apples and Oranges

Not that I'm any great fan of the FAA, but I think someone took a bit of
literary license in using that photo to depict th SW situation.
I tend to believe the first officer just might have brought this damage
to the Captain's attention as he did the preflight on this bird :-))

--
Dudley Henriques