Old December 27th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Todd W. Deckard

Default spins from coordinated flight

I reviewed the current copy of the Private Pilot PTS and it references
"maintain heading +/- 10 degrees in straight ahead flight, *or* not to
exceed 20 degrees ... in turning flight"
It would appear that the power on stalls may be demonstrated from straight
ahead *or* climbing turns.
They are not manditory, at least in the US at the private pilot level.

Todd

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
Standard, and _required_ for the practical. I had to do both climbing and
descending turning stalls for my checkride. Possibly because I chose to do
my checkride in the middle of winter with an 18 kt. breeze and the
examiner didn't want to die... ;-)

Neil