Old May 19th 04, 08:58 PM
FLY135

"Blue" wrote in message ...
I am referring to the complete taking away of control from the cockpit,
i.e., NO cockpit override of control surfaces, engine controls, gear
control. No one in the cockpit could have any control whatsoever over the
plane, including the decision to relinquish control.

The first to reply have been revealingly strident in their disagreement to
discuss this question, even stating that it is "none of my business."
Nothing could be MORE of "my business," and everyone else in this country
old enough to vote .

Freaking out about asking this question is ridiculous. I would imagine that
every pilot out there would walk off the job if something like this was
implemented. I guess the people who suggest it have never heard of secure
cockpit doors with locks.