Old December 19th 03, 11:33 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Mycroft" david wrote in message
While I was watching the Scrap heap challenge that pitted the UK, France &
the US against each other to build an aircraft (Powered flight centenary
prog) the US pilot said this was his 96th aircrft type he had flown. I was
wondering if it is know who if anyone has the record for most aircraft

types
& how many types have the pilots here flown?

Myc

According to the Guinness book of records its the British
test pilot Eric "Winkle" Brown who has flown more than 500
types.

He has also written a LOT of articles and several books over
the years. He flew 55 German types alone including the ME-262
Berlin B 9, Horten IV, DO 335 and Heinkel HE 162 Volksjäger

Keith