Old August 11th 04, 06:46 PM

True, but GA CHT probes generally all use the same *type* of thermocouple.
They're just shaped differently for different holes. The EGT uses the other type
since the temps are higher. I don't remember which one is which.

-Cory

In rec.aviation.owning sidk wrote:
: Thermocouples common to CHT measurements can be either type J
: (Iron,Copper-Nickel) or type K (Nickel-Chrome,Nickel-Aluminim). If
: you use the "wrong" type....ie. a type other than that for which the
: electronics were designed, the readout will be in error by roughly 30%
: (at typical CHTs).

: Sid Knox

: Velocity N199RS
: Starduster N666SK
: KR2 N24TC
: W7QJQ

: wrote in message news:8IgSc.235233$a24.38600@attbi_s03...
: A friend of mine is in need of six sparkplug type of CHT probes. He
: bought a engine analyzer with bayonette probes, but his GO-300 won't
: accept those.
: I think that he bought the JPI one, i'm not sure what flavor probes he
: needs.
: Anybody have any laying around they would like to part with, cheaply?
:
: Thanks
:
: Dave

* Cory Papenfuss *
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student *