Old September 14th 04, 11:12 AM

In article ,
(stop spam) wrote:

If, in 1937, Franklin D. Roosevelt would have invaded Germany,
captured Hitler, neutralized the Nazi party,

He would probably been impeached. Apart from the fact the US would
have had trouble invading Mexico, let alone Germany, there was no
cause. In 1937, the Germans had not committed any breach of
international law. They might have breached the terms of the
Versailles treaty but that was a dead letter by 1935, and the Anglo
German naval treaty. At the time Hitler had committed no acts of
territorial aggression. The union with Austria was confirmed by what
seems to have been a fairly fair plebescite. It was as far as I know
accepted as fair at the time. If anything Mussolini and Stalin were
seen as greater threats to world peace.

The situation was very different from that prior to Gulf War 2. This
is going to be my only post on this subject as it comes rather close
to the BOP.

Ken Young

Those who cover themselves with martial glory
frequently go in need of any other garment. (Bramah)