Old October 5th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
houstondan

Default Life Insurance in Australia

life insurance for someone named "crash lander"???????????????????

dan

Crash Lander wrote:
Who do people here use for Life Insurance in Australia?
I've just had a policy application with REST rejected because I fly! Before
I filled out the forms, I verified with them that anything up to 100 hours
per year would be fine, and not attract extra premiums! I rang them this
morning after getting the rejection, and they said they'd been informed to
reject any application from people who fly! Bloody ridiculous if no-one will
insure pilots. The guy told me that he thought the rejection was a wrong
decision in my case as I'd be flying less than 30 hours a year, but he
couldn't change the decision. He said he'd forwarded my file on to the Hong
Kong office to see if they will change their mind, but he said they'd
probably put an aviation exclusion on the policy. I told him if they did
that, they could stick their policy where the sun don't shine, and, I'd be
moving my Superannuation from REST to another fund.
Good way to kill off an industry!
Crash Lander

--
I'm not always right,