Old July 10th 03, 07:07 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Justin Maas" wrote in message .. .
Bob - sorry, let me try to clear it up. Some schools were advertising part
91 operations where someone/something would be flown in a multi-engine
aircraft not requiring two crew members. To have the right seat pilot log
multi "dual given" time, they had him sign off the other pilot. Make any
sense? Basically, they were trying to act as if these part 91 flights were
instructional in nature when in fact, they weren't.

Well, if one of the MEIs is really giving instruction to the other ME
rated pilot, they should both log PIC. However, it sounds like
instruction was not happening. I think the FARs are pretty clear
here...

"(3) An authorized instructor may log as pilot-in-command time all
flight^M
time while acting as an authorized instructor."

I never log time as instruction given unless I'm actually giving
instruction. If I'm riding with a friend, I'm not going to call (or
log) that as instruction.

-Robert