Old October 24th 04, 04:52 PM
tom418

I use alchohol to clean the shafts when needed. Note: the M/M (of my Seneca
at least) cautions against "lubricating the control wheel shaft or bushing"

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
A previous owner, in an attempt to make his yokes move more freely, used

dry
graphite in the yokes on our Pathfinder.

Of course, as moisture and condensation came and went, this graphite

clumped
up and got gritty. This would restrict motion, so he apparently added

MORE
graphite.

Long story short, we've been using spray-on silicone for the last two

years.
At first, every time I sprayed we would pull out chunks of black graphite
out of the yoke bushings. This diminished over time gradually, to the

point
where now our rag might come out black after spraying, but there are no
discernible particles.

The yokes work pretty smoothly now, but I find that I must spray them

every
week or so to maintain absolute freedom of movement. (I have discovered
that the difference between an okay landing, and a greaser, is the ability
to "finger-tip adjust" in the flare...)

What do you guys use on your yokes? Is there anything that lasts longer
than silicone spray that (a) doesn't stain carpet, (b) doesn't stink to

high
heaven, and (c) doesn't leave particulate matter behind?

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA