Old April 4th 05, 04:16 AM
Grumman-581

Watch out for GCN... When I was there, it had a 9000 ft density
altitude... It took my plane a *long* time to finally break ground...
Those trees to the south of the runway kept coming up and there was no
way that I was going to clear them... While still in ground effect, I
turned to the right and cut between some of the trees on the west side
of the runway... The ground starts dropping off at that point plus
catching some thermals managed to make it a bit better, but lets just
say that the seat cushion had been rather tightly clinched by my
posterior region... grin

On the way into GCN, I was getting 2000 fpm updrafts at 10,500 ft... I
learned from one of the local commercial pilots that you are just as
likely to get 2000 fpm downdrafts...

Be careful out there...