Old April 4th 05, 05:56 AM
jim rosinski

flyboy909 wrote:

If we do end up north of the Grand Canyon at Kanab or Bryce, is there
any reasonable way back to Denver without retracing our way south
through Santa Fe area.. maybe through La Veta pass?

Mosca pass is only a few miles north of La Veta, and about the same
elevation. It's right next to the Great Sand Dunes (now a national
park) so it's easy to find. And flying over the Sand Dunes is fabulous.

Any other advice as far as the general plan, stops, etc would be
appreciated.

Sedona, AZ (KSEZ) is a great stop. Spectacular red cliffs all around,
and a nice hotel within sight of your tied down aircraft.

Jim Rosinski
planeless