Old October 22nd 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roger[_5_]

Default ASH 26E VS DG 808C

Eric, some places fly all year and if the pilot is 200 - 250 lbs the
wing loading in a motor glider is near max. In the winter this means
the non-engine folks have a much easier time staying aloft, and the
motor glider in on the ground watching the pure gliders having fun.

On Oct 21, 6:35 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Roger wrote:
I would like to see 20 meters in the next motor glider to get the
wingloading down.The Antares has 20 meters, but I don't know if it has a lower wing

and they do have a lighter wing loading. I'm assuming you don't want to
go to the 25 meter span gliders to achieve that light wing loading...

How low did you think was needed? Are you flying in weak weather?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation websitewww.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org