Old April 7th 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bill

Default Is Jay swimming again?

Which is why the buildings should be built on stilts.

Winnipeg has a clever solution where they let the river run out
away from town when this happens, intentionally flooding some
farm land.

Problem is that the river is still frozen up north and the flow
backs up.

Wife from Grand Forks. Bill Hale

On Mar 28, 9:06*am, "BT" wrote:
The river flows north... and no mention of what is happening in Grand Forks.
Years ago during the flood, the down town area caught fire.. no one could
get in to fight it.
The city burned from the 2nd floors up, the flood receded and the first
floors of the downtown buildings remained.
BT

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Not this Jay.

But I can sure sympathize with what Fargo is going through right now.
(Although at least when we sand-bagged here last June, we weren't freezing
our butts off the way those poor folks are...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA