Old February 24th 04, 04:27 AM
Tlewis95

Default CGX closed (WHY!)

I am ashamed and embarrased to live in the same state the govenor of Chicago
does.
What he did to Meigs was irrisponsible,childish, immature,cowardly and
increadbly retarded! For those that do not know what im talkin about, the so
called "mayor" of Chicago, Richard M. Daley, destroyed Merril C. Meigs field
without permission from the state or anyone else. last year he snuk bulldozers
on to the CGX runway and carved 4 Xs in the runway. In the morning plane took
off from the taxiway and the ones that coulnd were put on trucks. He says he
did because it was a "risk to Chicago" because of its close proximity to
downtown Chicago. Its taken me this long to realize that HE IS THE TERRORIST.
He caused pain, suffering, money, convenence and happyness to deteriorate among
us pilots. He must want us to host flyins and Young Eagle Rallys at O'Hare .
I am going to write letters to Daley and the Govenor praying for mercy to
reopen CGX. Its caseing the Chicago economy to drop and MDW and ORD to become
busier. Thats why IL wants a reliver airport for O'Hare, all the Genral
Aviation traffic is at O'Hare and Midway now instead of the "Prettiest Little
airport on the planet" So, what do you think, shoud we all write letters, send
E-mails etc.
And if you, could, tell some of your stories about CGX (those that have flown
there) it has bee a dream of mine since I was 5 and no because of that baby
Daley, I can't fulfill that. Neither could other pilots I would imagine.

Thanks,
Trace Lewis

age 13