Old February 5th 16, 12:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jess Lurkin[_10_]

Default Heavy Air Drop - 2 attachments - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

John Szalay john.szalay.at.att.net wrote in
31:

Ricardo?= wrote in

I carried my tucked down my smock which enabled me to get the odd
picture like the attached.

The DZ officer was not amused...

:-)

RiŠardo

I think every trooper that ever carried a camera has taken that same
photo. ;-)

Have you seen the new T-11 parachute ? Supposed to have been deployed to
the troops in 2010.

Tis been many decades (plural) since my last time of having
"air under my boots". So I know nothing about this 'chute.

I don't like the configuration/shape. Looks too prone to
folding in on itself. I see no thrust cuts. Looks like a
straight drop. But I suppose the Army has put the correct
amount of design and testing into it. And the Army ~never~
has any FUBARS or SNAFUS.

Thanks for posting this John. I will research it for S&grins.

---